Celebrate International Coffee Day
If you like a good cup of coffee, we have some excellent news - there is an actual day that celebrates your favourite beverage.
International Coffee Day is celebrated on the 1st of October each year. This tasty, caffeine-fuelled occasion this used to promote and celebrate coffee as a beverage, with events now occurring in places across the world.
The first official International Coffee Day was celebrated on the 1st of October 2015, as agreed by the International Coffee Organization and was launched in Milan. Since then, this auspicious day is also used to promote fair trade coffee and to raise awareness for the plight of coffee growers.
Celebrate International Coffee day with us and try one of these coffee shops in Somerset West's yummy signature coffees available at Somerset Mall
Biscotti by Bas
We’ve teamed up with brand ambassador, chef and content creator Bas Newman accompanied by our beautiful flamboyant brand ambassador Junette Syster, to bring you a recipe and step-by-step baking guide for the perfect pairing for your morning cuppa – traditional Italian Almond & Cranberry Biscotti!
Here’s the recipe all typed out for easy reference – simply bookmark this page and return to it whenever you want to whip up a fresh batch of this truly addictive Italian cookies.
- 435ml cake flour
- 7,5ml baking powder
- Salt, pinch
- 2 eggs, large
- 180ml castor sugar
- 45g butter, melted
- 1,25ml almond essence
- 250ml cranberries
- 125ml almonds, roughly, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius. Line a baking tray with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in the butter and almond essence.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Lastly, add in the chopped cranberries and almonds.
- Flour your hands and then shape the dough into 2 equally sized log shapes.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool.
- Using a serrated knife, cute the logs into slices about 1-2cm in width.
- Pack the slices onto a baking sheet and bake for a further 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Cool before serving.