Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
The information below is updated regularly and is subject to change.
For the latest government updates around COVID-19 visit the SA Coronavirus Portal.
Trading under level 4 restrictions
We look forward to welcoming you, under adjusted level 4 restrictions, in line with Government regulations.
Somerset Mall is open from Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm, Sunday & Public Holidays 9am - 5pm.
- Liquor stores are prohibited to trade.
- Restaurants are open and cannot offer on-site sale and consumption of alcohol. Sit-down service is allowed at 50% capacity or 50 people at maximum.
- The Food Court seating is open.
- Ster-Kinekor is closed.
Centre access & information
|Information Desks: The Information Desks located outside Game and Edgars are operational. When interacting with customers, staff will remain seated behind a perspex shield, wear a mask and sanitise their hands, desk and equipment regularly. For general enquiries please contact them on 021 852 7114.
Gift Cards: Gift cards can be purchased at the Information Desks outside Game and Edgars.
Parking: Our undercover parking is now touch-free. Get your ticket by hovering/swiping your hand over the ticket button. Normal tariffs will apply.
Open entrances: All entrances are open.
Bathrooms: All bathrooms are operational.
All shoppers are required to follow the health and safety protocols stipulated by the Government and National Department of Health. Please comply with these rules, including:
- Wearing a cloth mask/face mask covering your nose and mouth should be worn at all times.
- Practising physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Practising protective hygiene, including washing hands and using sanitisers.
- One member per household permitted to shop at a time.
- Children are allowed to accompany an adult on an essential shopping trip. However, for their own health and safety, we ask that you leave your children at home, if possible .
- A limited number of customers will be allowed in stores, queues, lifts and on escalators.
- Food and beverages may not be consumed in the Centre.
Prior to and during your visit to the Centre, we recommend that you take the following additional precautionary measures:
- Prior to shopping, create a list of the goods you require in categories to avoid unnecessary browsing.
- Contact stores directly prior to your visit to check their trading hours or if you are looking for a specific item or service.
- Plan your parking and entrance access by checking the map and do not linger in the Centre.
- Avoid browsing and repeatedly picking up and putting down products.
- Making use of no-touch payment methods, such as Zapper, Snapscan and tap-and-go (check your settings regarding pin requirements).
- Make use of the in-store disinfectant wipes when making use of trolleys or baskets.
- If you do feel sick, stay home and seek medical attention.
- Stay informed, check trusted and reputable sources and avoid spreading rumours and fake news.
To protect the health, safety, and well-being of our customers and personnel working in the Centre, we are in continuous contact with the relevant local health authorities, and diligently following the World Health Organisation’s recommended preventative protocol and complying with the Lockdown Regulations. We have introduced the following additional precautionary measures and enhanced cleaning procedures:
- Increased cleaning routines and meticulously disinfecting the common areas and high touch-points of the Centre.
- Communicating with our stores regularly, regarding updates and their in-store precautionary measures.
- Security in our Centre is still a core focus and remains in place.
- The Centre Management Office is operationally resourced.
- For Centre related enquiries please contact us via email or make use of our social media channels
If you would like to report any incidents that have taken place at the mall, please contact our Security Control Room on 021 852 7114.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding