Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
The information below is updated regularly and is subject to change.
For the latest government updates around COVID-19 visit the SA Coronavirus Portal.
Trading under level 1 restrictions
We are operating under level 1 restrictions, in line with Government regulations. Somerset Mall is operational Monday - Saturday: 9am – 6pm and Sundays 9am - 5pm, however, stores may have their own specific trading hours and are subject to change - please contact stores directly to confirm their store specific trading hours. More sectors continue to reopen or offer extended services, with the appropriate safety measures in place:
- The sale of alcohol is permitted, with liquor stores back to regular trading hours to trade from 9am - 5pm, Monday - Saturday | 11am - 5pm Sunday
- Restaurants can offer deliveries, takeaways and sit-down service - contact restaurants directly to confirm if they offer dine-in service. The on-site sale and consumption of alcohol within licensed restaurants is permitted.
- The Food Court seating is open.
- The trade of tobacco and related products is permitted.
- Ster-Kinekor is open.
- Hair and beauty salons, barbers and laser clinics are permitted to sell products and offer limited treatments and services.
You can browse our Store Listing directory below to see which stores are open and closed. Each store’s page outlines their contact details, store-specific trading hours per day and relevant information can be found under their About section.
Restaurant Curbside Pick-up
Yes, you read right. Have your favourite restaurant deliver right to your car window.
Simply call your favourite restaurant* to make your order, proceed to our curbside pick up zone located at entrance 4 and receive your order without having to leave your car.
*Participating restaurants only:
- Debonairs (Food Court) | 021 202 3460
- Mochachos | 021 8511120
- Nando's | 021 851 0255
- Panarottis | 021 851 3807
- Rocomamas | 021 851 0060
- Simply Asia | 021 851 4700
- Tallahassee Spur | 021 8513868
Centre access & information
|Parking: Our undercover parking is now touch-free. Get your ticket by hovering/swiping your hand over the ticket button. Normal tariffs will apply.
Open entrances: All entrances are open.
Bathrooms: All bathrooms are operational.
Information Desks: The Information Desks located outside Game and Edgars are operational. When interacting with customers, staff will remain seated behind a perspex shield, wear a mask and sanitise their hands, desk and equipment regularly. For general enquiries please contact them on 021 852 7114.
Gift cards: Gift cards can be purchased at the information desks outside Game and Edgars between 9am and 5pm.
All shoppers are required to follow the health and safety protocols stipulated by the Government and National Department of Health. Please comply with these rules, including:
- Wearing a cloth mask/face covering at all times.
- Practising physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Practising protective hygiene, including washing hands and using sanitisers.
- One member per household permitted to shop at a time.
- Children are allowed to accompany an adult on an essential shopping trip. However, for their own health and safety, we ask that you leave your children at home, if possible .
- A limited number of customers will be allowed in stores, queues, lifts and on escalators.
Prior to and during your visit to the Centre, we recommend that you take the following additional precautionary measures:
- Prior to shopping, create a list of the goods you require in categories to avoid unnecessary browsing.
- Contact stores directly prior to your visit to check their trading hours or if you are looking for a specific item or service.
- Plan your parking and entrance access by checking the map and do not linger in the Centre.
- Avoid browsing and repeatedly picking up and putting down products.
- Making use of no-touch payment methods, such as Zapper, Snapscan and tap-and-go (check your settings regarding pin requirements).
- Make use of the in-store disinfectant wipes when making use of trolleys or baskets.
- If you do feel sick, stay home and seek medical attention.
- Stay informed, check trusted and reputable sources and avoid spreading rumours and fake news.
To protect the health, safety, and well-being of our customers and personnel working in the Centre, we are in continuous contact with the relevant local health authorities, and diligently following the World Health Organisation’s recommended preventative protocol and complying with the Lockdown Regulations. We have introduced the following additional precautionary measures and enhanced cleaning procedures:
- Increased cleaning routines and meticulously disinfecting the common areas and high touch-points of the Centre.
- Communicating with our stores regularly, regarding updates and their in-store precautionary measures.
- Security in our Centre is still a core focus and remains in place.
- The Centre Management Office is operationally resourced.
- For Centre related enquiries please contact us via email or make use of our social media channels
If you would like to report any incidents that have taken place at the mall, please contact our Security Control Room on 021 852 7114.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding