Somerset Mall aspires to be a world-class shopping centre that adheres to global best practice, and as such becomes the partner of choice for tenants, shoppers, employees and investors. To do so we strive to provide a trustworthy, transparent and sustainable investment opportunity for all, as well as promoting social and environmental sustainability.
The mall is considered a prime shopping destination with 70 000 m2 in gross lettable area - providing enough variety to attract a foot count of 225 000 per week and over 10.62 million per annum. Our retail mix includes anchor tenants such as Woolworths, Game, Pick n Pay and Dis-Chem. Brands include H&M, Poetry, Old Khaki, Forever New, Le Creuset, Cotton On, iStore, Pandora, Swarovski, Nespresso, Yuppiechef and more. The coffee shops, restaurants and café’s at Somerset Mall are a combination of family-friendly favourites, bakeries, elite coffee shops and a spacious food court. Somerset Mall is an iconic retail destination providing a safe and secure retail experience to customers as far afield as the Overberg region. Easy access from the N2 and R44 ensure a constant influx of customers that appreciate Somerset Mall for its superb offering, accessibility and enduring character.
Situated in the heart of the Helderberg basin, it is an attractive shopping destination with a backdrop of the majestic Helderberg. While it is a firm favourite amongst shoppers from the immediate surrounds - Somerset West, Strand, Stellenbosch, Gordons Bay, Grabouw and Elgin - it is also a one-stop destination for travellers passing by during the busy tourist seasons. An estimated 35 000 German nationals also live within the immediate catchment area.
- A 1650 - seat cinema complex
- GLA: 70 000 m2
- Anchor tenants: Woolworths, Edgars, Game, Pick n Pay and Dis-Chem. Brands include H&M, Poetry, Forever New, Le Creuset, Cotton On, iStore, Pandora, Swarovski, Nespresso, Yuppiechef and more
- Footcount: 885 000 Shoppers per month on average. 10.62 million shoppers per annum at Somerset Mall
- Parking: 670 undercover parking bays, over 3 300 free open-air parking bays, 24-hour security and a beautiful, classic interior, you can make the space at Somerset Mall all yours
- Trading hours: Monday to Saturday: 9am-7pm | Sunday and Public Holidays: 9am-5pm
- Services provided: Wheelchair service, Baby changing and feeding facilities, Foreign exchange services and 24Hour surveillance and security
- Somerset Mall is 26 years old
- Single level mall, 1.3km long
- 200 Stores
- 30 Restaurants / Coffee Shops
View the Somerset Mall Leasing Showreel HERE
View the Somerset Mall leasing requirements SM_Leasing 2019.pdf